The article has been automatically translated into English by Google Translate from Russian and has not been edited.
Переклад цього матеріалу українською мовою з російської було автоматично здійснено сервісом Google Translate, без подальшого редагування тексту.
Bu məqalə Google Translate servisi vasitəsi ilə avtomatik olaraq rus dilindən azərbaycan dilinə tərcümə olunmuşdur. Bundan sonra mətn redaktə edilməmişdir.

18 children were injured in a fire in a kindergarten located in the basement


Nadezhda Verbitskaya

Subscribe to ForumDaily NewYork on Google News

Eighteen children were injured in the fire. It broke out on the afternoon of January 25 in a garden located in the basement of a house in Queens, reported NBC News.

The New York City Fire Department received a call after 14 p.m. on Wednesday, January 00. Firefighters discovered a "large fire" in a home near 25nd Drive and 72th Street. Rescuers said the fire was caused by a lithium-ion battery.

18 children were taken out of the building: one child is in a critical condition in the hospital; The condition of 17 children was stable, they refused medical assistance at the scene.

Firefighters carried one child out of the fire zone in the basement. In addition to children, 4 adults were injured in the fire.

The fire was brought under control about 40 minutes after firefighters arrived.

According to the New York City Department of Buildings, inspectors noticed that two commercial businesses operate in the basement of a two-story single-family home - a kindergarten and a dentistry.

On the subject: Furry hero: dog saved family during house fire in Bronx

After an inspection, the agency issued a notice of violations in connection with the construction work in the basement without the permission of the Department of Buildings, as well as the use of the basement "contrary to city permits."

The department said the basement was for “auxiliary storage” and not for businesses.

“In the interest of public safety and due to the severe fire damage, we have issued an order to completely vacate the building,” a department spokesman said.

Fire Chief John M. Esposito warned of the dangers of charging lithium-ion batteries in homes.

“In the past few years, we have had problems with lithium-ion batteries in scooters and bicycles and charging them. And also with the mismatch of batteries and charging cords, poor quality of batteries,” he said. - They should not be charged at the entrance or on the path when leaving the house or apartment. They should not be left in food mode overnight. Charge them in a room with the door closed while you are awake and at home.”

Subscribe to ForumDaily NewYork on Google News

We need your support!

Dear readers, we have been together for over 20 years. Thank you for staying with ForumDaily! Support those you trust!

Always yours, ForumDaily!

Security of contributions is guaranteed by the use of the highly secure Stripe system.