How to Trade in Your Old Electronics for Amazon Gift Cards
It is not uncommon for many of us to enjoy new gadgets such as smartphones, laptops and tablets. But at the same time, they are probably wondering how best to get rid of old devices. Amazon offers a program trade-in, which allows you to turn unnecessary equipment into Amazon gift cards, reports Fox News.
Why You Should Use the Amazon Trade-In Program
The Amazon Trade-In Program is a quick and easy way to cash in on your old and unused electronics. Most old electronic devices depreciate in value over time, so it's unlikely you'll be able to make a lot of money selling them.
Of course, you can always give your old gadget to a friend or family member, as long as it's in good condition. However, if they want something new, then this is the perfect way to recycle their stuff and make money at the same time.
On the subject: How and where to buy unclaimed parcels in the USA and what you can find in them
How the Amazon Trade-In Program Works
Amazon has a dedicated Trade-In webpage. There you will find several categories of goods that can be exchanged, including e-books, tablets, streaming media players, and more.
There is also a “Other Exchange Categories” section, which features mobile phones and gaming devices.
To exchange one of your old items, follow these steps:
- Go to the page Amazon Trade-In Page
- Sign in to your Amazon account if you haven't already
- Select the category corresponding to the product you want to exchange
- If your device is not listed yet, please enter your model
- A list of devices with potential gift card value will appear. Check the one that fits your model and click the “continue” button
- Click "continue" again
- Answer the questions Amazon asks so you can determine the value of your device. Click "continue" when you're done
- Amazon will provide a date by which you must ship your item to them and the amount of the gift card that will be credited to your Amazon account. After checking all the details, click the “Submit Item” button.
What are the terms of the Amazon Trade-In program
One of the terms of the Trade-In program is that it is limited to $1800. You can also exchange goods that are valued above this amount. However, for this you need to make several exchanges. Also, items can only be shipped from the United States and you must have a physical address in the United States. Remember: the gift card will only be credited to your Amazon account after Amazon has received the item you are exchanging.