The article has been automatically translated into English by Google Translate from Russian and has not been edited.
Переклад цього матеріалу українською мовою з російської було автоматично здійснено сервісом Google Translate, без подальшого редагування тексту.
Bu məqalə Google Translate servisi vasitəsi ilə avtomatik olaraq rus dilindən azərbaycan dilinə tərcümə olunmuşdur. Bundan sonra mətn redaktə edilməmişdir.

What happens after winning the housing lottery: what documents to collect and what to prepare for


Alina Prikhodko

Subscribe to ForumDaily NewYork on Google News

If you accepted participation in the lottery New York's affordable housing program, it's logical to wonder what to do next. Pix11 told what steps should be taken after submitting an application.

The Housing Development Corporation of New York (HDC) has a checklist to help ensure you have all the necessary documents for your interview during the lottery process.

checks that all documents are in order with the client

Family composition check

When you are selected and asked to join the interview stage, you will be required to bring copies of documents which will be kept on file.

If you rent an apartment, you must provide a copy of the current lease agreement - otherwise you will need a notarized letter from the owner of the apartment. In addition, you will need three to twelve recent rent receipts or canceled checks, as well as recent electric, gas and telephone bills in your name with your current address.

If you live with someone and do not rent your own apartment, then you will need to bring a notarized letter from your housemate, as well as a copy of their rental agreement and utility bill.

On the subject: Housing lotteries allow you to buy an apartment in New York, and not just rent: prices are several times lower than market prices

According to HDC, each family member will be required to provide a birth certificate, a Social Security card, a photo ID for all residents over 18, and letters from the school confirming enrollment.

Income verification

Anyone over 18 years of age who plans to live in a particular apartment is required to provide several copies of documents confirming income.

You will need your last six payslips, all pages of last year's W-2 forms, and a signed and completed copy of last year's tax return. If you are paid in cash, you will need proof of cash payments in the form of a notarized letter from your employer. HDC said bank statements showing paychecks will also be needed.

If you are self-employed, you will need signed copies of Form 1040 with Schedule C, E, or F for the last three years. In addition, you should provide all of your 1099 forms for the last three years and state tax returns for the same last three years.

If you have other sources of income, then, according to HDC requirements, you will need to provide documents about:

  • pensions or benefits received (per year);
  • financial assistance for veterans (per year);
  • income from real estate rental;
  • government assistance (AFDC) (for 120 days);
  • military registration of a US military personnel;
  • confirmation from institutions issuing dividends or annuities (extract);
  • awards of scholarships or grants (dated letters).

If you receive alimony or child support, you must provide:

  • A separation agreement or settlement agreement, which specifies the amount and type of alimony, as well as a payment schedule.
  • Any official statement or printout (dated within the last 120 days and showing activity and amounts) or a notarized affidavit.

HDC said that if you receive disability insurance, workers' compensation or severance pay, you will need your last six current consecutive pay stubs or confirmation letter.

If you receive regular payments, gifts or other types of recurring income, you will need:

  • A notarized statement signed by the person providing the assistance, indicating the purpose of the income, the dates and value of the gifts, and the frequency of their giving.
  • Bank statements confirming receipt of these payments.

Compliance Issues

If you have had problems with your credit or landlord in the past, you must provide documentation to support those problems. An HDC spokesperson said that even if you provide documentation, your application may still be rejected.

The full checklist provided by HDC can be found here. find here. For more information about affordable housing resources in New York, visit find here.

Subscribe to ForumDaily NewYork on Google News
WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By: